A special thank you to anyone who has volunteered to join our Milton box packing team this upcoming week. We are in still in need of a few more hands and would love to see some new faces at Bob Rumball on Tuesday morning.
We are in need of helpers over the age of 18 to assist in weighing, packing and loading our food boxes. We are also in need of a driver helper to assist in dropping off at various pickup locations with our driver.
First Tuesday of every month
7801 5 Side Rd,
Produce help- 830 AM-12:00 PM
Driver assistant- 12:00 PM- 3:00 PM
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and inquiries.
In Your Milton Box for February 2nd
In your $10 bag we have included: Ontario Apples, Oranges, Ontario Potatoes, Green Beans, Avocado, Ontario Red Beets, Ontario Yellow Onions, Ontario Sweet Potato, Kiwi, Ontario English Cucumber, Bananas, Ontario Carrots and Broccoli
In your $15 Box we have many of the same items in greater quantity with additional items: Ontario Apples, Oranges, Ontario Potatoes, Avocado, Ontario Red Beets, Ontario Yellow Onions, Ontario Sweet Potato, Ontario English Cucumber, Ontario Carrots, Kiwi, Broccoli, Bananas as well as Ontario Green Cabbage
In your $20 Box we have many of the same items in greater quantity with additional items: Ontario Apples, Oranges, Ontario Potatoes, Avocado, Ontario Red Beets, Ontario Yellow Onions, Ontario Sweet Potato, Ontario English Cucumber, Ontario Carrots, Kiwi, Broccoli, Ontario Green Cabbage, Bananas as well as Green Leaf Lettuce and Cauliflower
Cabbage and Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 onion
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 10-12 cabbage leaves
- Dash of tamari or soy sauce
- 4 eggs
- Chop the onion into thick wedges.
- Warm the olive oil in a large size frying pan over a medium high heat, then add the onions and fry until golden and softened.
- Roughly shred the cabbage and add to the pan, continuing to cook until wilted and crispy.
- Chop the sweet potato with skins into pieces and add to the pan.
- Once everything in the pan is crispy, add a dash of tamari or soy sauce and then transfer to a plate.
- Replace the pan on the heat and add more olive oil if needed. Crack the eggs into the pan, cook until the underside is solid then flip and cook for just another minute. Flip out on top of the hash and split the yolk with a knife.